These potato noodles are perfect for a Friday night Chinese or for a brunch (yes, admittedly I ended up having them for a cheeky Thursday morning brunch…but potatoes are great at any time of the day)! They take on a wonderful pasta-like texture and really absorb any flavours you add. They can stick and so I would advise using low heat a good non-stick pan to cook them. They do not require boiling and so they make for a very quick and easy meal. Feel free to add in any vegetables you like, which will require being pre cooked before adding the noodles to the pan.
Preparation time: 15 minutes (including cooking time)
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 1 large baking potato
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- (Vegetables of your choice)
- Use a spiralizer (or a grater) to spiralize a potato (skin on and raw)
- Add the oil to a hot sizzling pan, with the coriander, chilli, spring onion and mustard seeds
- Add any additional vegetables ingot he pan and allow to cook through
- Lower the heat and add in the potato noodles and keep the noodles moving as they cook
- Once the noodles have softened but still have bite, add the salt to taste and then serve up
- Enjoy my Little Peas!