I am such a fan of broccoli but it is so commonly used as a side dish…but that is no longer the case! The seaweed and olives provide such a deep (almost fish-like) flavour and the whole head of broccoli makes a really beautiful dish. Always use olives from a jar that still have their stone…the flavour is better for this dish!
Preparation time: 60 minutes (including cooking time)
Ingredients (Serves 1):
- 1 large head of Broccoli (whole of halved)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- Sea Salt Flakes
- 1 tbsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 180g Kalamata Olives (pitted)
- 300g Large Spanish Queen Olives (pitted)
- 33g Yutaka Sushi Nori (available from most local supermarkets)
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Place the two halves of the broccoli into a baking dish and rub with the olive oil, dried chilli flakes and a generous amount of sea salt flakes
- Place the broccoli in the oven at 200 degrees celsius
- After 10 minutes, turn the oven down to 160 degrees celsius for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, place the pitted olives and Nori seaweed into a blender until the mixture has formed a fine crumble
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and sprinkle with the seaweed olive crumble
- Enjoy my Little Peas!
One thought on “Whole Roasted Broccoli with Seaweed and Olive Crumb”
Looks delicious! I love whole roasted vegetables like this. Cauliflower would work wonderfully with this as well!