I love peanut butter in everything but I find it really hard to find good peanut butter cheesecake recipes…they are either super icy or too soft that they just collapse at room temperature! I decided to play around with a baked vegan cheesecake using tofu…and here we have these cute and super delicious little cakes! Top them with whatever you fancy…I went for a little lemon zest and blueberries to make them a little zingy!
Preparation time (including cooking and cooling time): 1 hour 45 minutes
Ingredients (Makes 6 cupcake sized cheesecakes):
- 2 cups Lizzy’s Granola (or any other oat and nut based granola)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 230g Firm Silken Tofu
- 1/4 cup Sugar (any sugar is fine, but if you want to go super organic then use palm sugar)
- 1tsp Agave (or Maple Syrup if not available)
- 1tbsp + 1tsp Organic Peanut Butter (preferred brand is Meridian)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour (preferred brand is Sainsbury’s)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Milk (preferred brand is Rude Health)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees celsius
- Place all the ingredients for the crust in a blender and pulse until the mixture becomes finely group and “clumpy”
- Grease a silicon or normal cupcake tray (i use a tiny drop of Sunflower Oil because it is tasteless)
- Split the crust mixture between six cupcake ramekins in the tray and press down to form six firm bases
- Place the crusts in the oven for five minutes to bake, and then cool
- Clean the blender so it is crumb free
- Add the tofu, sugar, agave, peanut butter, salt, lemon and vanilla to a blender
- Mix the corn flour into the coconut milk to form a dry paste, and then add to the blender
- Blend all the ingredients for the filling until it forms a smooth mixture
- Split the filling between the cupcake ramekins on top of the crusts (approx. 3 tbsp per cake)
- Bake the cakes for 17 minutes (until firm)
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven…you will notice the cupcakes have formed a skin on top, and so using a teaspoon just remove this skin whilst they are still hot (this should be very easy to do as you literally just lift off the top 1mm)
- Let the cupcakes cool in a fridge for 1 hour before removing them from the tray / ramekins
- Top with toppings of your choice…three blueberries or melted chocolate etc.
- Enjoy my Little Peas!
One thought on “Peanut Butter Baked Cheesecake”
Totally feel ya on cheesecake difficulties! I don’t think I’ve ever attempted to make one, either! BUT, I would love to try one day! These peanut butter cheesecakes look wonderful!